Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Official Holiday Greetings


Greetings from Central Europe!

It feels like I was here not that long ago (in early October). I usually don't travel so often, but it just worked out that way this year. I have been here a little under a week, mostly lounging at my parents' house in Bratislava and enjoying my mother's cooking - as well as her taste in restaurants. :-)


We've made a couple of trips to nearby Vienna, which is very nicely decorated this year.



So, you'll pardon the short silence here at The Chocolate Bunny, at least until I return to Montreal in a few days.

I'm not sure how many food-related gifts I'll be getting this year. But this is definitely one I hope I don't get:


I spotted it in a window in Vienna. It's a silver casing, to cover up that tacky Tabasco bottle at the dinner table. I'm all for proper (or even snooty) table dressing, but this is a bit much, don't you think? At any rate, it made me smile.

Happy holidays to all of you! I hope the next few days are full of cheer and warmth!

3 comments:

  1. Such fun! Everything is gorgeous =D. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas from rainy Ireland!
    Lots of presents from Santa, yummy Christmas feast and have a great time with your family and friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy holidays to you too Valerie!! I am a little late but haven't been behind the computer much lately. Hope you had a great time! And yes, that tabasco bottle is a bit over the top...lol

    ReplyDelete